Thursday, November 17, 2011

Training week 13

The rut continues.

Nothing Monday or Tuesday. Monday was a travel day, Tuesday was probably just blah.

Wednesday:

Ran 9.18 miles at lunch.

9:42/8:57/9:08/9:31/9:35/9:27/8:50/9:08

Friday:

Checked into the Holiday Inn in Athens. Nice fraternity party downstairs. Perhaps Miss Jennifer is too old for this nonsense. We have a "suite." It's a really old hotel, so the suite is a strange shape. I went to turn the heat on in the sort of sitting area and managed to set off the world's loudest fire alarm (which in turn set off the world's loudest children. Conveniently none of this could be heard over the world's loudest fraternity party.)

Saturday:

Drove around Athens with the peeps. We had to walk down an eternal hill to get to the Expo. Great. I was teased by two organizers for being from Waycross- "gonna be hillier here." Thanks, I hadn't noticed. Wheezed all the way back up the hill pushing the stroller- perfect.

Sunday:

The Athens Half Marathon... I'll save that for my next entry.

I'd like to take a moment to point out that I'd run 9 miles for the week prior to the Half. That's not really in any of the training schedules...

No comments: