Thursday, November 17, 2011

Training week 11

Sunday, October 2

This was a hard one. We were at the hotel in Atlanta- the Taylor Swift concert was that night. I was scheduled to run 17 miles. There was a half marathon in Atlanta that morning. Part of me thought Emma wouldn't even be awake by the time I came back if I snuck off... The practical side of me worried that I'd get lost or I'd have some sort of medical emergency or the fire alarm would go off at the hotel or Emma would somehow get locked out of the room... I decided to harness my OCD and ignore my training schedule.

Instead of running, we went to the Target with the cart escalator (country bumpkins for sure, but really, there's an escalator for your cart! How cool is that?!) We went to Perimeter Mall too. It's strange how you can leave a city for ten years and your internal mall GPS can still kick in. We found a few things at J Crew, ate Chinese food at the food court (see Phipps?), and headed back to get ready for the concert.

Drumroll.... We head over to the CNN Center for the Phipps entrance. We're talking to a bunch of girls going on and on about their seats. Emma and I don't tell them where our seats are. Funny though, she didn't want to tell them because it would be mean, where I was afraid they might beat me up.

We make our way to our seats. Have I mentioned they were front row?? Oh yeah. We take a bunch of pictures of us in front of the stage and chat with our new best friends. My favorite BFFs were the couple behind us- Carla and her boyfriend. Hysterically funny, but not always intentionally. The boyfriend insists on calling me Miss Jennifer cause I'm apparently 110 years old. He did tell Emma to worship me for getting the best seats in the house, which I appreciated. Carla tried to give me her pina colada cause she said if she drank it all, she'd fall down. I'm afraid I declined, but good news! To the best of my knowledge, Carla stayed on her feet.

Here we are waiting for Needtobreathe- who were also good.

Photobucket

This is during Long Live at the end. I'd taken so many pictures I thought I might be crossing the line from "getting my money's worth, damn it" to creepy stalker. I did bond with the guy who was filming for the actual screens- we were tight.

Photobucket

The show was really, really good. I could babble forever, but I'll leave it at that. I will say I have completely peaked in my gift giving for Emma- I'm positive I can never top this one.

And back to reality:

Monday:

Rest (and 5 hour drive).

I don't know what happened to Tuesday and Wednesday...

Thursday:

Ran 5 miles in 50:40.

Friday:

Nothing. Wow. The Taylor Swift concert was costly in both money and runnning mojo.

Saturday:

Yep. Nothing.

No comments: