Thursday, November 17, 2011

Training week 10

Ugh.. I lost my running mojo, and subsequently my blogging mojo. So, this is sort of going back in time. I'm making this shorter (much like my running).

Tuesday, Sept. 27

Ran 8 miles at 12:16 pm. in 85 degrees, 80% humidity. Took forever. (1:23:xx)

Wednesday:

Supposed to do 12, did 6 instead. Again, with the heat and humidity. Again slowww...

Thursday:

Ran 11.65 miles in 85 degrees but just 50% humidity. Slightly better (1:54:xx).

Friday:

PACKING!!!

Saturday:

Emma and I drove to Atlanta for the Taylor Swift concert that was re-scheduled in July. We went straight to Phipps Mall for a little shopping, thinking we'd eat at the food court. Hello, Phipps was always snooty, but they've done away with a food court. You know what else they've done away with? Shoppers. Go figure.

We ended up at the little restaurant inside Nordstroms. It's a bit of a hybrid- you order and then get seated. And by seated, I mean you shimmy into your two person booth and desperately try to pretend that there aren't total strangers in their own booths within your personal space. Emma and I were cracking up splitting a pizza as everyone around us ate their salads (and wine- lots of wine). Then they brought our deserts-- I meant to order one but somehow ended up with both a slice of chocolate cake and a bread pudding. The women next to us visibly recoiled at the sight of this caloric madness, which set me off into gales of laughter. RUN!! The chocolate cake might try to stick to your thighs!!! They did laugh when it was obvious I'd busted them and I went through the whole "I didn't really mean to order this" excuse. Crazy place.

So, because Phipps is beautiful but BORING, we headed over to Lenox. Ah... so that's where all the people were. Seriously, hordes of people with bursting shopping bags. Insanity. We bought a couple of things in Urban Outfitters and then fought our way out.

We drove over to the Omni Hotel around 5:00. I got to valet park my lovely 10 year old Sequioa- it's a classy vehicle, with the split leather seats and all. The whole area was swarmed with tweens and teens and moms. Luckily, I'd purchased some nosebleed seats for the concert. Our good seats were for the next night, but what else did we have to do?! Emma put on her homemade Taylor shirt and we hit the top row of Phillips Arena. The show was great as I expected. We spent most of the night poking each other and saying "look at how close she is to our seats for tomorrow!"

Oh, and of course there was no running that day.

No comments: