Thursday, November 17, 2011

Training week 12

Trying to get back on track...

Sunday, October 9:

Ran 14 miles in the afternoon in the rain. Found my friend, Mary, out running too. Stuck with her for two miles. I think she was taking pity on me, but I enjoyed having company. I was supposed to do 18, but started too late and lost daylight.

10:33/10:07/10:34/10:43/10:47/10:09/10:10/10:07/10:20/9:58/10:03/10:02/9:46/10:31

Monday: rest

Tuesday:

Ran 2.61 miles at 7 p.m. Granted it was getting dark, but less than 3 miles? I'm in deep trouble.

Wednesday:

Flying to DC. Ran 5.55 miles in the morning before our flight.

Thursday:

It took us all day and 3 airplanes to get to DC the day before. Ever been in an airplane that's been in the air for an hour only to have the pilot say "we're turning around because the door ajar light is on?" Ok, it wasn't exactly in those words, but that was the problem. Terrifying. And then had to spend all day in airports with a 3 year old and 5 year old. They held it together pretty well, but the potential for meltdown was high (from all of us, not just the little people).

Friday:

OK, it's cold outside and I've been to a real running store and have a cool new shirt! That should give me my mojo! I take off at 5:15 a.m. in Alexandria. I ran down King Street, Duke, Washington St. I called it quits at 7.15 miles. I never could find the Mount Vernon Trail, but I did have a fox cross my path. Odd that the closest encounter I've had with wildlife would be in Old Town!

Saturday:

I've seen the Mount Vernon Trail signs; I've seen people actually on it from the Metro. I will not be denied. I did 8 miles at 5:34 a.m. I was always near the trail as best I could tell, and sometimes on a random trail, but alas, the Mount Vernon Trail was elusive. I didn't see any people on the trail I did find- that was a little eerie. I turned around at Crystal City. Stupid trail! Anyway, that was 8 miles in 1:21:xx.

So, yet another week passes without a long run. I'm pleased I ran in DC at all, but freaked out that I've missed or shortened three long runs in a row. Oh, and I ate my weight in pumpkin ice cream and La Madeleine the whole trip- it's all going downhill now.

No comments: