Thursday, May 22, 2008

Slacker

All right, just so no one has the wrong impression and thinks I'm Serious Runner Girl, I have to say after my reasonably triumphant 5k finish at the Race for the Pinks, I haven't done much. Actually, I haven't done anything. And it's been a week... or two...

I have my reasons:

First, I caught a cold. So that entailed much self-pity and sniffing and general wallowing.

I'm better now, but there is a bigger problem lurking. I'm the type who needs a race in the future to motivate (scare) me into training. I've discovered that's how I always am, regardless of GoofyBaby. There's a 5k in July, but I doubt I'll want to run at that point. I might walk/waddle it, but I might not. I am considering breaking out some cowbells and lining up along the course to cheer, but it may seem really early in the morning. The half is in January, post-GoofyBaby, and that's just way too far away to think about. GoofyBaby needs a real name before I even start worrying about the half!

Never say never... I'm not saying I've stopped running completely until GoofyBaby's arrival. I sort of thought about it last night, but we were under a severe thunderstorm warning until 10 p.m. and the pine trees are really, really tall on my route. But at least I did seriously consider going.

Having said that, I've accepted that if I don't run again until after GoofyBaby appears, I still managed to keep it up for a pretty long time.

In the meantime, I think it's time to make my curtain rod medal display. If I'm really good, I might even consider working on my running scrapbook. Right... I'm just going to focus on the curtain rod thing.

So here's something entertaining:

Minnie Marathon 15k, 2007, first long distance run, time approx. 1:54

Photobucket

Minnie Marathon 15k, 2008, 20 weeks pregnant, time approx. 1:48

Photobucket

The first picture explains why I'm so anxious to not completely fall apart... oh, and obviously, I got a better hat after seeing exactly why layers and visors don't mix well.

No comments: