Friday, May 23, 2008

Return of runner girl... sort of

So yesterday was a stressful day to put it mildly.

I took Emma to her eternal dance rehearsal (THREE PLUS HOURS). When I went back home, I looked at Harry and thought, "oh why not?" Coach Harry went in the stroller. He's so funny- I told him we were going running, and he gathered up my iPod and Garmin and brought them to me.

I really felt kind of yuck, but decided I didn't care what speed I ran- I knew just trying to get out and move would help. I ran almost 2.5 miles. My goal was 3 miles, but I didn't worry about it because I had to cut it short to get a quick shower and grab Emma.

It turns out my average pace was around 13 min/mile. In the old days I would have been finished with my 3 miles easily before I finished yesterday's run. But that's okay.

Harry and I had fun. Harry stole my water bottle (which is really his SpongeBob bottle) and perfected his spit-take. It was very impressive. I chatted with Harry, gave him his supplies (baggy of goodies and Paci depending on his mood), conducted music with one hand, and text-messaged a friend, all while looking for cars and avoiding melt-down inducing views of the park. My multi-tasking may have contributed to my time...

It was nice to see I can still run, even if it's almost a walking pace. It was also 82 degrees and 61% humidity, even at 7:00 p.m. when we finished- can you say hot!?

But that's all my news. The actual dance performance is this weekend. I don't even want to think of the implications of a three hour rehearsal...

No comments: