Friday, August 27, 2010

New Newtons!

So, I just retired my yellow Newtons with approximately 490 miles on them.

They cost about $150.00/pair. What's that make their per mile running cost? I'm going with about 30 cents per mile.

The Asics I bought from the running store?

They cost about $80.00. A bargain, right? Well, I demoted them to walking only status at 6 miles cause they almost crippled me. So what's their per mile running cost? Oh, about $13.33 per mile.

And people look at me funny for buying Newtons and think they're too expensive? Sure, if they don't work for you, that's one thing, but I didn't even think mine needed retiring until I realized how close I was to 500 miles. (Speaking of which, I'm going to have to run the last ten miles in the old yellow ones just for closure).

Anyway, I now have a new pair of pink Newtons for people to either covet or mock. With any luck, they'll be blazing past the mockers.

No comments: