Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Introducing GoofyBaby!

Photobucket

Well, it's been awhile since I posted since I was kind of busy, but the title says it all. I really don't want to relive the details and thanks to the kind nurse who put something in my IV find the details a little fuzzy, but here are the highlights.

My mom came three weeks before I was due based on dates of other two kids, so of course he hung in until his due date allowing me even more time to get enormous and grumpy;
We ate every doughnut we could get our hands on;
We accompanied the doughnuts with various coffee drinks;
We got bad manicures;
We bought a ridiculous number of towels over several visits to Walmart and had them monogrammed (really);
We bought bedroom furniture for Emma- try testing out a mattress 10 months pregnant;
Finally, my water broke about 10 minutes before we were supposed to drive 20 miles to get Emma for dance- my mom called and told the school to put her on the bus;
We hid from the yardman who was ringing the doorbell since we really didn't have time to chat;
We went to the doctor's office where they said go to the hospital- that was a wasted step in the process;
My mom took me to the hospital and fenagled a wheelchair for me;
Good thing, since I thought I might actually have the baby on the giant helicopter "H" before we made it in the building;
We got in a room and the nurse broke it to me that I was again not having an epidural;
I went through the "woe is me... I'm not an earth mother type" stage;
We told Ted to meet Emma's bus and take her to dance;
The nurse put something in my drip;
Ted called and said one of Emma's friends was unexpectedly with her- we told him to take them to dance and come to the hospital;
I closed my eyes for everything else (and highly recommend this approach);
My mom was asking the nurses what to do if the doctor didn't get there- I think they told her to go sit in the corner but that may be a Stadol-laced memory;
My mom realized things were moving too fast- she called Ted and made him turn around with the dancing girls;
The doctor arrived- not that I really cared;
Ted came blazing in;
I realized Emma and her friend were in the waiting room in their dance leotards- oddly enough, that was a real event not a Stadol hallucination;
Had 8 pound baby. Don't really remember seeing him.

That's about it. I got to the hospital around 3:00 and had him at 4:15. All of that was in the p.m.

So, we named him Edward Miles. He's going by Miles, until he gets older and decides its too dorky. It's a family name on Ted's side, and the obvious choice for GoofyBaby (thus dorky). Harry calls him Milo because of an enunciation issue... He looks just like his siblings.

Photobucket Photobucket

No comments: